What we know about Twin Peaks Season Three
As we get closer to the premiere of Twin Peaks Season Three on Showtime, it might be helpful to gather together everything we learned about the new episodes. While we’ll continue to update with more information as we get it, here’s what we know for now:
- The Twin Peaks Season Three idea originated during lunch between David Lynch and Mark Frost.
- In October 2014, both Lynch and Frost announced via Twitter that “That gum you like is going to come back in style! #damngoodcoffee.”
- Kyle MacLachlan was one of the first cast members to confirm his return, as central character agent Dale Cooper. “Better fire up that percolator and find my black suit 🙂 #Twinpeaks.”
- Showtime has confirmed the return of original cast members Sheryl Lee as Laura Palmer, Ray Wise as Leland Palmer, Sherilyn Finn as Audrey Horne, Dana Ashbrook as Bobby Briggs, among others.
- Michael J. Anderson, who played the iconic dancing dwarf from the Red Room, won’t be returning for Season Three. Neither will Lara Flynn Boyle, who played Donna Hayward, or Heather Graham, who played Annie Blackburn.
- Lynch favorites Naomi Watts and Laura Dern will be joining the revival. They will be joined by newcomers Jennifer Jason Leigh, Ashley Judd, Jim Belushi, Tim Roth, and Amanda Seyfried.
- Musicians Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, Sharon Van Etten and Sky Ferreira will also join the cast of Twin Peaks.
- Angelo Badalamenti will again score the Twin Peaks soundtrack.
- Season Three will be set 25 years after the original Twin Peaks first aired.
- The number of episodes for the new season increased from nine episodes to 18. All will be both directed by David Lynch, and star Ray Wise.
- Frost’s The Secret History of Twin Peaks offers further clues as to what the Season Three storyline might include, but we won’t give any spoilers here. (Check here for Secret History spoilers.)
The above list was compiled from articles on Yahoo! Finance and IndieWire.
Check out more about Twin Peaks Season Three in the videos below:
From Twin Peaks on YouTube:
Published on Oct 18, 2016
The cast members of Twin Peaks – Kyle MacLachlan, Jim Belushi, Miguel Ferrer, Kimmy Robertson, Dana Ashbrook, Amy Shiels, James Marshall, Robert Knepper, Chrysta Bell, and Harry Goaz – talk about the show and returning to film after all these years. Don’t miss new episodes starting in 2017.
Subscribe to the Twin Peaks YouTube channel: http://goo.gl/ANCq6b
The critically-acclaimed, ground breaking television phenomenon TWIN PEAKS returns as a limited series to SHOWTIME in 2017. Currently in production, TWIN PEAKS is written and produced by series creators and executive producers David Lynch and Mark Frost and is directed entirely by David Lynch. While the full mystery awaits, fans can expect many familiar faces, including Golden Globe® winner and Emmy® Award nominee Kyle MacLachlan, who reprises his role as FBI Agent Dale Cooper.
Widely considered one of the most groundbreaking and influential broadcast series of all time, TWIN PEAKS followed the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town who were stunned after their homecoming queen Laura Palmer was shockingly murdered. The town’s sheriff welcomed the help of FBI agent Dale Cooper, who came to town to investigate the case. As Cooper conducted his search for Laura’s killer, the town’s secrets were gradually exposed. The mystery that ensued set off an eerie chain of events that plunged the inhabitants of Twin Peaks into a darker examination of their very existence. Twenty-five years later, the story continues…