The award-winning Punchdrunk stage their biggest and most ambitious production yet. The Drowned Man: A Hollywood Fable is an extraordinary theatrical adventure: a unique personal journey which unfolds across four levels of a vast central London location.
Amidst the fading glamour of 1960s Los Angeles, stands Temple Studios – a crumbling monument to the golden age of film, seducing wide-eyed dreamers with the promise of wealth and fame. Here, movie stars mingle with hungry young upstarts, while beyond the gates lies a forgotten hinterland where the many rejected by the studio system scratch out a living.
Inspired by Georg Büchner's fractured masterpiece Woyzeck, The Drowned Man explores the darkness of the Hollywood dream. Celluloid fantasy meets desperate reality, and certainty dissolves into a hallucinatory world.
More from Image Amplified
- ES MAGAZINE: Louis Vuitton On Set of Punchdrunk and National Theatre’s “The Drowned Man: A Hollywood Fable” by Photographer Jon Gorrigan
- DAZED DIGITAL: Punchdrunk, “Lila” from The Drowned Man
- RED CARPET MOVIE PREMIERE: 42 Premiere at TCL Chinese Theatre Hollywood, California
- RED CARPET MOVIE PREMIERE: Pain & Gain, Premiere at TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California
- RED CARPET MOVIE PREMIERE: Oblivion Premiere at Dolby Theatre Hollywood, California